Saturday, April 21, 2012

#392. Homing in on Homer

Yeah, so I've been writing away at Scouring Monk for many years, and starting back in 2010 I started having this crazy idea to split off various topics to their own blogs.  A while back, I thought it would be a nice idea to chronicle my reading habits, which at that point had been streamlined into a Reading List to keep track of the many books in my personal library and the order of importance by which I would work through it.  I began writing about this experience here, but last year began Hub City.

At first I was going to try and blog about each of my books, and also continue the Reading List in a fairly straightforward manner, but soon realized it would be a pretty good idea to go back and start writing reactions to the books in the List as I finished them.  Lots of people spend a lot of time providing this very kind of feedback on bookstore websites like Amazon, to help others figure out what to read.  Me, I decided to keep it in my own family, so to speak.

Anyway, I just finished reading The Lost Books of the Odyssey by Zachary Mason, which quickly became one of my favorite books.  I've got my thoughts on it, as well as the next book on the List, and they happen to be part of a small marathon concerning books inspired by Homer's Iliad and Odyssey, which have long fascinated me.

If you care to see what kind of reader I am, have a look at Hub City.

2 comments:

Leslie S. Rose said...

Never heard of "Lost Books..." I'm intrigued.

Tony Laplume said...

If I can get more people to read that book, I'll be happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...