Monday, October 15, 2012

Direct Current #5

ITEM!  Star Trek Fan Companion - The Nineties Blogfest
The last time I did a blogfest was A-to-Z, which I still thank for the traffic I now receive.  This time it was a much smaller affair, but once again I used it to talk about Star Trek.  Well, some things never change...

Read more here!

ITEM!  Hub City - Thoughts on The Tar Baby
I just finished reading a Jerome Charyn book, but the surprising thing is that I ended up continuing a running theme from my Reading List about authors using multiple perspectives to come up with something really interesting.

Read more here!

ITEM!  Hub City - Reading List: The Green Lantern
Contrary to the title of the next book on my List, this one doesn't star a superhero.  It is, in fact, another novel by Jerome Charyn, and ends a streak of books that has included similar writers and themes.  Hopefully on a high note!

Read more here!

ITEM!  Tony Laplume - Eating Plain Old Arby's Roast Beef
This blog is the one I maintain strictly from the perspective of a writer, which I sometimes use to comment directly on projects I'm working on or trying to pimp, and at others simply on what a writer thinks.  This is one of the latter.

Read more here!

ITEM!...Back to Examiner!
I recently thought about joining a new site to write about movies (which I was doing for a while here at Scouring Monk), but then thought about it again and decided that it was just as well continuing at Examiner.  (This is not the first time I've waffled like this between sites and Monk.  I did it before with comic books.)

Argo review!

Seven Psychopaths review!

Looper review!

End of Watch review!

THE BEST OF WHAT'S AROUND

Dave's Nineties Blogfest.

Michael Abayomi has the first book in his epic series free on Kobo.

2 comments:

SpacerGuy said...

Star Trek Fan Companion Blog is awesome Tony, keep those thoughts coming! LOL.

Tony Laplume said...

Thanks! I've got tons of material!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...