Wednesday, February 15, 2012

#341. Comics, Star Trek '12 Project

#341.

Some quick blog family updates:

I've got a new Quarter Bin column up at Comics Reader, covering climactic issues for Nightwing, Impulse, and Martian Manhunter, some of my favorite superheroes.

At Sigild, I've begun Star Trek '12, my latest fiction project from the franchise.  I always seem to draw a little more readership when I'm writing Star Trek, whether at Sigild or Fan Companion.  Maybe there are some curious people out there looking to see what modern fans are thinking?  Because I know that in my old Lower Decks community (which you can probably blame for all my blogs), interest died out years ago, people grew tired of what everyone else thought, or what they might write.  The "Star Trek '12" project will mark the fourteenth year in which I've written Star Trek fiction, and so that's pretty interesting.  I'm constantly working on how to approach these stories, and it's fair to say that I've learned the most about what kind of writer I am during this period of my life, and so I'm constantly pushing myself in new directions with them, and this one will be no different.

Speaking of Fan Companion, I also have a new "Comparative (f)Analysis" column, revisiting, appropriately enough, Star Trek.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...