Friday, May 02, 2008

#165. Who Watches

Here's some rather significant news:

I've decided against writing Who Watches, at least for the moment, after all. Who Watches was going to be my NaNo last fall, but after all the delays caused by moving screwed up my momentum and I couldn't even motivate myself to try again in January, which had been the plan, I figured something about it just wasn't meant to be. It's not that I consciously decided against writing it, or will admit even now that it was in the end a bad idea, but having self-published its predecessor, The Cloak of Shrouded Men, a product of the previous three NaNos, I recently realized...Maybe my next project shouldn't be another superhero story, no matter how different this one was going to be (in fact, hardly was going to be a superhero story at all). I have to accept, even if I've sold maybe three copies, that I've got a book under my belt. It changes things. If I've got some real ambition in me, and I know I do, I've got to make my next prose project another challenge. Fortunately, I've been working on short stories which have continuously done just that, a constant tune-up (well, as constant as my writing goes), keeping me on my toes.

It's still weird to think that I've all but abandoned Who Watches, at least as it was originally conceived.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...