Tuesday, June 30, 2009

#206. Wrestling DVDs

#206

Recently, as I suggested, I picked up a couple of good deals on wrestling DVDs. The first was TNA's second "Cross the Line" collection, featuring Turning Point, Final Resolution (both from the tail-end of 2008), and Genesis (January 2009). It was a good way to catch up visually with what the company has been up to, which by and large has been a huge improvement, and I'm not just saying that because it seems to be the last best hope for one Mr. Ken Anderson. I was originally going to go into detail about what I saw on the discs, but I'll leave the highlight as Alex Shelley/Chris Sabin from the last card (and what a pity it is that TNA fans still don't realize that the "X division" is only really an update of the late cruiserweight divisions of last decade.

Secondly was a WWE two-pack featuring the 2008 and 2009 Royal Rumbles, which was a real treat, because on these cards you can get an unbiased look at the progress the company's superstars from each brand are making in establishing themselves.

Anyway, time is short. Next time I'll labor over the latest WWE trades, maybe. Anyway, they were probably even better than the last draft in getting the right people in the right places with the right momentum. Last note, with my digital converter all hooked up as of last week, I've found that I have Smackdown back. Yay!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...