Wednesday, June 28, 2006

#124. WrestleMania 22, Paperback Reader, The Escapades of the Eidolon

Okay, so I'll get back to thoughts on Wrestlemania 22 later (and other wrestling thoughts, too, prolly), but for now I'll just chat about current developments in my life. My association with Paperback Reader is only becoming more fruitful. I've written over thirty reviews since signing on in April, and starting next Monday will be working on a column called The Quarter Bin as well. All this ensures that I'm at least writing something on a regular basis, whether I'm paid or not, so it helps when I wondering if I've blown my degree or something (which is easy when you're doing what I'm currently doing for a living).

Other things to write about keep springing up, whether it be poetry (still mustering publishing details on Ex Patriot, Dedicated Reader), stories (one about Elvis II just broke through with further inspiration), or Star Trek (my humble 40th anniversary offering is scheduled for 9.8.06), as well as the ever-present threat of an interest in breaking into comics (I wrote a script at Digital Webbing that totally confused the one confirmed reader, and it may be either side's fault, and was certainly the first script I've written in months). Visionary Comics seemed like a target prospect, but its portfolio requirements seemed a bit counterintuitive to me, so I've stalled weeks in putting one together. Across the Pond is offering a contest next month I'm eager to learn more about. In the meantime, my high school English teacher is no doubt still anticipating a transcript and a letter of approach from when I visited inquiring about a recommendation. I'd been thinking of going to South Dakota without an actual teaching degree. She shouldn't have made me reconsider, because now I am. I tell ya, and Tug is the only thing that pays for this.

I've definitely decided to put off The Escapades of the Eidolon, Cotton Colinaude until at least December, when the final chapter will have been written, meanwhile. I think I had the final blow-up with Ms. Opposite, too, while I also won the "respect" of another girl, and met again a high school girl whose basketball team kept winning. Who's to say where the wind will take you? I may get my license by the end of the year. That might be neat. Yes, so, um...

Speaking of Paperback Reader, Drew Melbourne, My Unknown Nemesis, recently asked me to review an advanced copy of ArchEnemies...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...