Monday, October 14, 2013

#615. Announcing the Ode-athon


Announcing my very first blogfest, the Ode-athon!  Simulcasting here and at my writers blog, which for some reason is called Tony Laplume, the date is November 2, 2013 and you are all invited.  (You may also participate on any day of the regular week that follows.  But you will have to do so while writing your NaNo.  At least this one you can write ahead of time.)

The Ode-athon is a call to write about your favorite writers.  Here I'm thinking specifically of authors, although I'm already planning to cheat myself with a cartoonist in my writers dozen (somewhere around fourteen).  You can choose one or you can go with as many as you can hit without exhausting yourself.  The idea is to tell us about the writers you read most passionately, the ones who have affected you the most, and perhaps even inspired you.  

The last perk I have to share is that on 11/9 I will include a recap post about the whole thing.

Here's the sign-up list:



11 comments:

PT Dilloway said...

You do realize most people don't blog on Saturdays right? Also it's the opening weekend of NanoWriMo.

Tony Laplume said...

My blogathon officially has wiggle room.

PT Dilloway said...

BTW, I keep thinking of it as "Odinthon." Must be those Thor comics I read yesterday.

The Armchair Squid said...

Ooooo... Cool idea! Let me think about it.

Tony Laplume said...

Pat, maybe I'll do that Odinthon next...

Squid, you'd better participate!

Unknown said...

Count me in!

Tony Laplume said...

Excellent! Glad to have you aboard!

The Armchair Squid said...

Of course, I will! Just gotta come up with the right subject...

Maurice Mitchell said...

I noticed the Saturday thing myself. If you move it make sure to let me know, but I'm in! Does it have to be a writer of books?

Leslie S. Rose said...

Super fun idea. Thanks for visiting my blog - I'm also a HUGE Maniac Magee fan.

Tony Laplume said...

Maurice, I never even considered that most people don't blog on Saturday, because I always check in. Of course, people tend to overlook my weekend posts, so I'm not so surprised. But as I've been saying, this is one blogfest that doesn't require participants to post on the given day, and you've signed up, so there's no turning back. Unless you want to be one of those people who only do that for a shameless backdoor plug. But then again, I'd send people your way anyway...

Leslie, it's a great book! As far as your recent posting frequency goes, I don't expect you to participate. It's just good to see you when you do put something up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...