Sunday, March 02, 2003

#38. The Seven Day Theory, Part 6

Alone?
I was not.

I looked to my right
to whom I
journeyed with
contempt
envy
jealousy
seethed within me
what right had this
person
this other
to share my path?
none
they should know
none but melancholy
I alone deserve this
it is mine
all my own
I breed hatred
despair lurks within
woe to the inhabitants of this plain
look upon me
you coward
I am the lord of creation
it's lone bastion
right of the rite
written
sacred writ
I am therefore it is mine
and I will not die
will never surrender
a fortress built around me
Ego its name and decree
I am swallowed
isolated
my own solitude
there is no pity here
look away
look away
look away
what needs are not found?
what lusts unsatisfied?
what whims go unfulfilled?
what delusions
do I not need?
all of them!
I need!
all of them
sustain me
nourish me
swaddle me
defend me
there is no truth
but melancholy
I lay fallow
my companion
lost
myself
lost
I reach
and find nothing
all is
lost
I have myself.

Alone?
I was.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...