Saturday, July 18, 2009

#210. Conformists, Fall In Their Place, Finnegan, Lance Nolan, Smackdown, Main Event Mafia, Ken Anderson

#210

It's funny, the more I prepare the outline for The Conformists, the more detail I find myself wanting to fill in. Normally, I'm pretty happy with far less than what I've done already, but this is the first time I think I might actually have a chance at getting a comic book published.

It's had the effect of blocking up a lot of writing projects. I've been doing a lot of reviews and my regular weekly column, HYGOTS, at Lower Decks, but have been unable to motivate myself to get back on the Fall in their Place edit/entry due in a few weeks, or work on the script for the first Conformists, or for that matter, Finnegan (which I've decided I might just skip out on "Line of the Dead" as part of the title).

But I did make a pretty big decision recently, and that was that my long-gestating Lance Nolan project, which I really don't talk about very often, might be a single book, in the form of Cloak of Shrouded Men (or The Stand, to use a slightly more famous example), rather than a trilogy, which it only really ever was conceived as because that's what sci-fi epics typically come as, at least in film. I'm liking that idea more and more...

To get back to wrestling talk (yay!), I'm pretty glad that I ended up with My Network TV after the converter conversion, because it's helped me familiarize myself with the latest Smackdown roster, which is the most cohesive it's been since around 2003. CM Punk, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio...They've been working so well together in recent weeks that it's like they're reinventing the wheel. Exciting to follow!

TNA, meanwhile, finally advanced Sting past the Main Event Mafia, which is just perfect. The promotion finally seems to be running on all cylinders. Tomorrow's PPV, Victory Road, ought to be a good one.

All that and Ken Anderson counting the days to once again making history? Couldn't be a better time to be a wrestling fan.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...